2022 College Scholarship Program
This scholarship program benefits Credit Union members by helping to provide their children an opportunity to continue their education at an accredited college or university. The Credit Union believes that through encouragement and financial assistance, these deserving students will make a significant contribution to our community.
- Scholarship award recipients will receive a one-time, non-renewable $2,500 grant toward full-time study at an accredited United States college or university
- Up to two scholarships will be awarded each year to applicants selected on a competitive basis
- The scholarship is based on the merits of the student rather than financial need
Student Entry Requirements
To participate in the Peoples Energy Credit Union College Scholarship Program, an applicant must:
- be the dependent child of a current member of the Peoples Energy Credit Union;
- graduate from high school in 2022;
- have been accepted at an accredited college; and
- enter college by the fall of 2022.
Children of employees or directors of the Credit Union will not be considered.
How to Apply
To be considered for a Peoples Energy Credit Union scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete Part I of the official application form;
- Obtain one (1) letter of recommendation from someone such as a high school teacher or official, religious leader or employer. Must not be a family member;
- Give Part II of the application form and all required attachments to his / her high school guidance counselor, who must then complete Part II, sign and submit, along with an official copy of his / her high school transcript.
Applications must be received no later than May 13, 2022. Questions can be directed to the Credit Union at 312-240-4970.
- Award recipients are determined by high school academic records, extracurricular activities, recommendations, test scores, and written expression.
- All winners will be chosen based on their abilities, skills, and accomplishments–without regard to gender, race, ethnic origin, or religious preference.
Recipients will be notified by late May. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the winner's college or university to be applied directly to school costs, such as tuition or room and board.